My family took part in the tradition I think many families do-- we went around the table and listed something we were thankful for after we said grace.
We still do it to this day. How cool is it to have a day set aside each year totally focused on being thankful for the abundance in our lives? Gratitude, I think is the antidote to worry.
And because gratitude is a core value of this brand, I wanted to share a few huge life moments from this month with you, my Compliment family.
- This month, I got married. I am so grateful for the love and joy and grace that surrounded us this day. I am grateful to have the most amazing partner who is caring and kind and hilarious, helpful, and full of wisdom. I am grateful that God brought us together and has shown us that His plans are always much greater than we could ever fathom.
- This month, Compliment celebrated it's 4th birthday. I am grateful that so many people resonate with our mission, and because of that, we are able to collectively bless people all around the world with words of affirmation, gifts, kindness, going the extra mile, and of course--through our scholarship program for young women.
- This month, we said goodbye to Nick's Gram, who faithfully transitioned from this life into Heaven. I am grateful for the time we were able to spend with her in her final days and for the enormous love of family and friends who came together to give her and those who love her comfort, rest, and peace. I am grateful to witness the legacy of love she has left for us.
- This month, my sweet dad came through surgery like a champ and is recovering to perfect health as we speak. I am grateful we live in a time of extraordinary medical advancement, brilliant and kind doctors and nurses and a family who is strong like iron--both physically and in spirit.
- I am grateful for safe travels. I am grateful for my girlfriends who support one another with a love so fierce it makes me teary. I am grateful for my family and my new extended family and that there are so many people with whom to celebrate all of life's sorrows and joys.
In case you missed it, I was recently interviewed by Dr. Mark Costes for his podcast, the Six Figure Side Gig. Check it out here!
You know, there's a quote by the late college basketball coach, Jimmy V., that I like to read when contemplating the bittersweet moments that make up our lives. He says,
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
So with that, I wish you the most abundant holiday. I pray for each of you that you are surrounded by people you love, and that your day has some laughter, that you are moved enough to tears, and that you engage in some thought. Hug the people around you, leave the political talk for another day. JUST LOVE.
Sending joy peace and so much gratitude,